Last Updated: November 13, 2021
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site’s performance.
- Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with Shopify, Stripe, and PayPal for payment processing, our 3PL provider Hub & Logistics SA for fulfillment and shipping, and Google and Facebook for advertising.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including, but not limited to, credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with Shopify, Stripe, and PayPal for payment processing, and our 3PL provider Hub & Logistics SA for fulfillment and shipping.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, order information, and shipping information.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shopify.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements and/or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. If you so desire, you can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To learn more about how targeted advertising works, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
HOW TO REDUCE/ELIMINATE TARGETED ADVERTISING
You can reduce/eliminate targeted advertising by changing your web browser’s settings and by visiting the following links:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which include: offering products for sale, processing payments, fulfilment and shipping of your orders, and keeping you informed regarding new products, services, and special offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- Performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- Protecting your vital interests;
- Performing tasks in the public interest; and,
- Legitimate interests that do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the “Your Rights” section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, then you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling) when the resulting decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data. Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud, which does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist typically persists for only a matter of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist typically persists for only a matter of days.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take our customers’ privacy rights seriously and do not sell your personal information.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
If you are a resident of the EEA, then you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights or designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, then please contact us at by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe (e.g., Canada and the United States) for storage and further processing. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, please see Shopify’s GDPR white paper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (“CCPA”)
If you are a resident of California, then you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the “Right to Know”), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights or designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, then please contact us at by email at email@example.com.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the Site to remember your actions and preferences (such as those relating to login and region). This means that you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the Site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the Site, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting of if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services:
COOKIES NECESSARY FOR THE FUNCTIONING OF THE STORE
- Name: _ab Function: Used in connection with access to admin.
- Name: _secure_session_id Function: Used in connection with navigation through storefront.
- Name: cart Function: Used in connection with shopping cart.
- Name: cart_sig Function: Used in connection with checkout.
- Name: cart_ts Function: Used in connection with checkout.
- Name: checkout_token Function: Used in connection with checkout.
- Name: secret Function: Used in connection with checkout
- Name: secure_customer_sig Function: Used in connection with customer login.
- Name: storefront_digest Function: Used in connection with customer login.
- Name: _shopify_u Function: Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
COOKIES USED FOR REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
- Name: _tracking_consent Function: Assists in tracking preferences.
- Name: _landing_page Function: Assists in tracking landing pages.
- Name: _orig_referrer Function: Assists in tracking landing pages.
- Name: _s Function: Shopify analytics.
- Name: _shopify_s Function: Shopify analytics.
- Name: _shopify_sa_p Function: Shopify analytics relating to marketing and referrals.
- Name: _shopify_sa_t Function: Shopify analytics relating to marketing and referrals.
- Name: _shopify_y Function: Shopify analytics.
- Name: _y Function: Shopify analytics.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer depends on whether it’s a “session” or “persistent” cookie. Sessions cookies last until you stop browsing, whereas persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between thirty (30) minutes and two (2) years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in a variety of ways, including removing and blocking them. However, removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and doing so may make parts of our Site inaccessible and/or non-functional.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls (typically found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu). Additional information regarding how to modify your browser settings and how to block, manage, or filter cookies can typically be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties, such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
DO NOT TRACK
Because there is no consistent industry standard for responding to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
CONTACTIf you have any questions, require assistance, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Akoni SA, Via Guglielmo Marconi 4, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, then you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority for your jurisdiction.